Sunday, November 6, 2011

Rainy Days

Rainy days make me so happy. It rained on Friday (11/4/11) and now it's raining again today (Sunday). Let me tell you everything I love about rainy days and what I love to do on days like today.

I love to sleep in and stay in my pajamas all day.
I love to bundle up with scarves, hats, rain boots, and warm jackets.
I love to go puddle jumping.
I love to chill in my house with the window open so I can listen to the rain.
I love to sit on the couch in my sweats with coffee, read my Bible, do some journaling, and then fall asleep.
I love to go get Starbucks and then go to Barnes and Noble and pick out a couple books, and read for hours.
I love kissing in the rain (if I had someone to kiss).
I love when I get so cold and wet that he gives me his coat.
I love to take walks in the rain.......with no umbrella.
I love to have mud fights in the rain.
I love to slide down wet and muddy hills on a boogie board with pam cooking spray on the bottom of the board. It's called Pam Boarding.
I love to veg out on the couch in my sweats and watch countless movies with friends.
I love to blare the music and get laundry done and the house cleaned.
I love to practice my knitting while watching a movie.
I love to take pictures in the rain.
I love to eat a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup. I love soup on cold and rainy days.
I love to sit in the car with the radio on, heat on full blast, and watch the rain come down.
I love to play in the rain with my nieces and nephews and jump in the puddles together.
I love driving in the rain with no where to go (during the day).
I love driving through huge puddles and it sprays the whole car.
I love to make a fire in the fireplace and roast marshmallows.
I love to be in a huge field where the grass comes up to my waist, and the rain is coming down.
I love to go hunting with my Daddy. Hunting in the rain is better because the animals don't smell your scent as much.
I love putting pajamas or sweats in the dryer, then go play in the rain and get so wet from the rain that it literally looks like I just took a shower and then going inside and putting on warm clothes straight from the dryer.
I love when the rain is coming down so hard in the morning that it wakes me up out of a dead sleep, like it did this morning. It's the only thing that can wake me up from a dead sleep and not be grumpy about it.

There is so much more that I love about rainy days, but for the most part, these are my favorites. I hope I gave you some good ideas about what to do on a rainy day. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Pam Boarding...very interesting...you learn something new every day...LOL

    ReplyDelete